Welcome to another edition of our LFM Spotlight series and we are happy to introduce you to Kali Turbo, a.k.a Portland’s Honey Badger, who proudly owns a Lamborghini Diablo 6.0, Lamborghini Murcielago LP-640 6-speed gated manual, and a Lamorghini Huracan!
After spotting a Lamborghini Murcielago SV at a dealership, the rest was history. After obtaining Lamborghini vehicles over the years, Kaliturbo shared his passion of vehicles by starting The Savage Rally. This inspiring interview keeps it real in terms of ownership, his favorite Lamborghini he currently owns, and sharing the passion with other car enthusiasts.
1) When was your first exposure with a Lamborghini that inspired you to get one?
I fell in love with a Verde Ithaca Murci SV that was at Cats Exotics about 6 years ago. In a showroom filled with Countaches, Murciealgo, Diablos and other exotics, my eyes immediately went for that SV Murci.
2) What was the first Lamborghini you bought and what made you get that one first?
A 2002 Lamborghini Murcielago. Wanted a gated 6 speed with billionaire doors!
4) How many times a week do you drive your Lamborghinis?
Huracan is the daily so 5 days a week. The Murci is my rally car. The Diablo is the weekend/poseur cars and coffee vehicle.
5) If you have to choose, which Lamborghini is your all time favorite?
Definitely the 6 speed gated LP-640 Murcielago, by a mile. The other two are leagues behind in terms of putting a stupid grin on your face as you drive it.
6) You also started The Savage Rally. Tell us more about this unique rally and what makes it different from the other car rallies?
I started Savage Rally as a driver’s club for friends. Over the years its grown to include a lot of car enthusiasts that just wants to get out and drive for a few hours among other car enthusiasts.
7) To anyone who wants to own a Lamborghini, what would you say to them?